From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: "Martin, Stephen" <stephen.martin@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo part IIa.
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:49:14
1 ....will not post beginning of post due to saneness...
2 > Heck, the glacial pace of Debian releases wouldn't even be a problem if
3 > their upgrade system was robust. "Install the old version, then run
4 > apt-get upgrade repeatedly until the conflicts go away" isn't
5 > acceptable. Again, Gentoo does not suffer from this problem - it's
6 > essentially a releaseless distro.
11 Stephen:
12 I could not agree more. The culture of Gentoo will not allow it to go stagnant like Debian has. We are known for our openness and friendliness with everyone, from the developer to the newbie.
13
14 Gentoo will only get bogged down in a bureaucratic mess if we allow it. There is such a thing as a sane, efficient, democratic, governing system.
15
16 Regards,
17 //zhen
20 John Davis
21 Gentoo Linux Developer
22 <http://www.gentoo.org/~zhen>
23
24 ----
25 Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to change your world.