From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with netscape-flash
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:22:21
1 On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 09:50:17AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > There is a problem with Netscape flash, and possible other packages.
5 > The problem is that the tarball name doesn't include version-number.
6 > This results in that the cashing at ibiblio (and in
7 > /usr/portage/distfiles) doesn't work correctly.
8 >
9 > Currently the one in ibiblio unpacks itself to
10 > ${WORKDIR}/Linux but if you download it from the site it unpacks in
11 > ${WORKDIR}/flash_linux (the one in ibiblio is the old one).
12 >
13 > How can this be solved?
14
15 In this very case, the solution is simple: We do not cache the tarball, as
16 we're not allowed to. We should in fact adopt a policy of never caching
17 commercial packages unless explicitly noted by the ebuild maintainer.
18
19 Kind regards,
20
21 Karl T