From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why multilog?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:12:02
1 On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 02:39:14AM +0000, Thomas Beaudry wrote:
2 : What is the licensing? I looked through the web site and the source code
3 : and could find nothing but his copyright notice. Maybe I'm just blind...
4
5 You sorta have to dig around, and it's a little vague. However, the
6 best place to get DJB's opinions is http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html.
7
8 Anyway, I verified with him. Basically, a binary distribution should be
9 the equivalent of downloading the software, uncompressing it, building
10 it w/out modification and then installing it.
11
12 Which means it would break Gentoo's layout scheme and force files to be
13 in /usr/local, as well as create /service, which breaks FHS, etc...
14
15 --Jerry
16
17 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
18 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
19 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
20 || than that!