From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should ${T} be defined in pkg_prepare ?
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 20:48:31
1 On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 19:55:44 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:10:50 +0200
5 > Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > I've read the PMS and I haven't found information whether this
7 > > variable is supposed to be set during pkg_prepare or not. Therefore
8 > > I ask, what is the proper behaviour here ? Is there documentation on
9 > > what special env variables are supposed to be defined in each
10 > > stage ? Can this be considered as a bug in paludis ?
11 >
12 > Mmm. The spec implies that it should be set to something sane...
13 > There's no guarantee, of course, that the amount of space in ${T} in
14 > pkg_pretend is anything like the amount of space that will be
15 > available for the build, but check-reqs is deliberately designed to
16 > be wildly inaccurate.
17
18 Yes because being wildly accurate in this case is such a great
19 possibility here. Why don't you delight us with your vision of wildly
20 accurate space prediction, mister?
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny