From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 02:52:33
1 Jason Rhinelander wrote:
2 > > /etc/init.d/modules
3 > > /etc/init.d/bootmisc
4 >
5 > The changes suggested here would cause problems, because it _is_
6 > possible for files to have changed inside the directory without the
7 > directory mtime having changed. If you want an example, try: echo ""
8 > >>existingfile into one of your modules.d/ files and watch the
9 > modules.d time not change.
10
11 This can't easily be solved by looping recursively over every file/dir
12 inside said location and compare mtimes there? Surely even this would be
13 many orders of magnitude faster than actually doing the update. Only
14 problem I see with it is with filesystems that do not keep mtimes (I
15 don't know much about this).
19 Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x707B8F18

gongloo.vcf text/x-vcard