From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed shift of files in the tree of non profiles files into seperate dir
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:33:44
1 On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 17:24 -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Aside from that, the parent implementation could stand a tweak or two.
3 > Further, assuming metapkg goes through, virtual is obsoleted. The
4 > inclusion of GRP_STAGE23_USE also bugs me a bit; yes it works right
5 > now, but what happens when you need to push more info in? Seems like
6 > it should be contained on it's own.
7
8 Actually, we've dumped GRP_STAGE23_USE in catalyst and decided that it
9 was better to keep everything consistent across the board and just
10 include everything in USE and use it instead. You won't see
11 GRP_STAGE23_USE in any new profiles.
12
13 > Either way, just a couple of things off the top of my head. My main
14 > push for it is cleanup for stand alone repositories, and ensuring
15 > anything people attempt with profiles doesn't have side effects on the
16 > raw repositories metadata.
17
18 Ahh... so nothing really crazy or divergent from what we have now, just
19 generally making them cleaner and more sane. I'm definitely behind that
20 100%.
23 Chris Gianelloni
25 Games - Developer
26 Gentoo Linux