From: Doug Miller <mikro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gdkpixbuf problem in gnome, nautilus, et al
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:34:38
1 On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:13:27 -0800
2 "Zurcher, Stephen" <SZurcher@×××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > Hi, installed gentoo today (love the way things work, great job!)...
5 >
6 > However, I merged gnome in and it did so fine, and loads... but the
7 images> are messed up.
8 >
9 > On the panel they're just gone, and for nautilus they just show up as
10 the> "blank-page" icon.
11 >
12 > Plus a lot of things crash. I believe the message below is the cause
13 of all> this unhappiness (it shows up for everything that crashses, plus
14 a google> search indicates the symptoms I desbribe to be related to the
15 pixbuf> system). In fact, the entire /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders
16 directory is empty.> Not being familiar yet with the ins and outs of how
17 all this works... could> somebody tell me what I need to do to get a
18 working gnome desktop? I> haven't subscribed to the list yet, so please
19 CC me in on your replies,> thanks.
20 >
21 > --stephen
22 >
23 > ** WARNING **: Unable to load module: libpixbufloader-png.so:
24 > libpixbufloader-png.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
25 or> directory
27 > gentoo-dev mailing list
28 > gentoo-dev@g.o
31 Stephen,
32
33 This is a known issue with libpixbuf. What you will need to to to
34 correct this problem is emerge gdk-pixbuf again.
35
36 "emerge media-libs/gdk-pixbuf"
37
38 Everything should then be working.