From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP updates
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:08:55
1 On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 10:53:44PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > I'm adding a new key, "M" for "moribund", that will identify GLEPs that
3 > have been accepted, but never implemented. If there's any sign of life
4 > in such a GLEP, I'll happily change the "M" back to an "A".
5 >
6 > Here's the changes that I intend to make unless folks squawk otherwise:
7 >
8 > 15 (script repo) --> M
9 > 19 (stable tree) --> d (deferred due to inactivity)
10 > 20 (/srv) --> M (there are local flags, but no obvious work on a global)
11 > 31 (UTF-8 in the tree) --> I, unless there's any obvious reason not to
12 > 32 (maildir location) --> d
13 > 33 (eclass restructuring)
14
15 You left out the char indicating your intention here; 33 likely will
16 have to be revisited in light of original intentions for it and how
17 paludis has implemented their equiv (and no, that's not a potshot).
18
19 33 is bound to an EAPI bump most likely anyways, so probably will be
20 revisited when someone pushes a EAPI=1 glep (few months for me I'd
21 expect).
22
23 > 35 (ebuild checking) --> d
24 > 37 (virtuals deprecation) --> F? (Isn't this already implemented?)
25 No, actually;
26 A) no package.prefer
27 B) (bad jason), the consistancy section, it actually was a req of the
28 metapkg conversion that portages resolver go either -D by default, or
29 metapkgs be marked in some fashion so that portage knows to always go
30 one level deeper when encountering a metapkg.
31
32 > 46 (upstream tags in metadata) --> status here?
33
34 Didn't even know that existed, personally have some questions on it if
35 someone has the intention of resurrecting it; neutral, just question
36 some of the keys...
37
38 > 49 (alt package manager 1) --> R (by council; sane API preferred)
39 > 50 (alt package manager 2) --> R (by council; sane API preferred)
40
41 Might want to clarify the "sane API preferred" bit.
42 ~harring