From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-java] New eclass to support java-virtuals
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:50:13
1 Alistair Bush kirjoitti:
2 > I would like to commit a new java eclass within the next week.
3 >
4 > This eclass is designed to support the functionality that Betelgeuse
5 > outlined within a previous post.[1]
6 >
7 > As you will be able to see, this eclass is very simple and only uses
8 > functionality that will be provided by the java-utils-2.eclass (see the
9 > attached patch )
10 >
11 > Basically all the happens is that a file is created under
12 > /usr/share/java-config-2/virtuals/
13 > that contains (at present) 3 variables. This file is then read by our
14 > java-config-2 application.
17 > The eclass is currently implemented within the java-virtuals overlay for
18 > those who are interested
19 >
20 > https://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/java-virtuals/
23 > Any suggestions, improvements and of course approvals will be gladly
24 > accepted
25 >
26 > Go the All Blacks!!
27 >
28 > Alistair
31 https://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/java-virtuals/java-virtuals/javamail/javamail-1.0.ebuild
32
33 Is the JAVA_VIRTUAL variable there some old leftover? I don't see it
34 used anywhere and it's quite useless as you could use hasq
35 java-virtuals-2 ${INHERIT} any way.
36
37 Regards,
38 Petteri