From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:38:37
1 On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:10:04 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:00:13PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
4 > > Paul de Vrieze wrote: [Thu Jun 01 2006, 02:44:39PM CDT]
5 > > > I would like the council to discuss GLEP 49
6 > > Incidentally, I drafted a competing GLEP
7 > Realize you'ure after keeping it open, but there is more to the tree
8
9 I would like the council to nail down the details of what package
10 manager specific data can and cannot be put in gentoo-x86 as well as
11 what the requirements and process of replacing or providing an
12 alternative to portage will be. Getting the specifics down in writing
13 will avoid a lot of headaches down the road as non-portage package
14 managers mature. There are a lot of sides to this discussion, almost
15 all of the possible view points were expressed on gentoo-dev@g.o. All
16 of it is available in the mailing list archives for review, so I'm also
17 asking that the subscribers to gentoo-dev@.g.o please refrain from
18 starting another flamewar.
19
20 -tcort