From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:15:49
1 On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:00:13PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote: [Thu Jun 01 2006, 02:44:39PM CDT]
3 > > I would like the council to discuss GLEP 49 as has been discussed on
4 > > the list some weeks ago. It is about the package manager requirements.
5 >
6 > Incidentally, I drafted a competing GLEP that I posted to -dev
7 > (<20060522172314.GB7577@×××××××××××××××××.org>) that was either
8 > overlooked in the rest of that thread or ignored because people
9 > considered it to be useless; I'm not sure which. In any event, I just
10 > want to bring it to the council's attention as an alternative approach.
11
12 Realize you'ure after keeping it open, but there is more to the tree
13 then just ebuilds-
14 1) what sparked it all: profiles
15 2) metadata/glsa,
16 3) version ordering between ebuilds (is 1.06 greater then 1.051?
17 Answer might surprise you ;)
18
19 Etc- potential food for thought...
20 ~harring