From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Max Kalika <max@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where is 'emake' defined?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:02:49
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Greg KH wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:47:56PM -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Okay, I've got emake modified so that my wrapper script is run, and
7 >>> it seems to work. Now, I just need a decently large build that uses
8 >>> 'emake' to do a real test, preferably something that has lots of
9 >>> subdirs in the build. Can anyone suggest an ebuild?
13 >> gcc?
14 >> glibc?
15 >> mozilla?
16 >> openoffice?
17 >>
18 >> Have fun...
21 > Hmm, not so much fun. Apparently, my wrapper script chokes on complex
22 > ebuilds. When building gcc, I got a make error, something about
23 > 'makejar'. It then went onto the next make step. I stopped it when it
24 > was at 108% ;) My script works just fine for ebuilds such as 'less', but
25 > not complex ones.
26
27 Are their any methods other than running 'make -n | wc -l' and comparing to the current
28 number of lines in 'make' output to figure out how far in the build you are?
31 Andrew Gaffney
32 Network Administrator
33 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
34 636-357-1548