From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Working Group established to evaluate the stable tree
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 03:54:23
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 11:45:22 +0800
2 Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > IN_PROGRESS == we've put the fix in the git repo
5 > RESO/TESTREQ == new release and in ~arch
6
7 TESTREQ was incidentally my first thought. Only needs me to study how much that's already used
8 and whether or not existing bugs with that flag meet that description or not.
11 However, a distinction between IN_PROGRESS and RESO/TESTREQ is not possible here,
12 because "in git" means "You'll get it if you sync >1h from now"
13
14 IN_PROGRESS can thus only mean something about it being worked on but not yet pushed
15 to the main git repo. (ie: overlays, private repos)
16
17 But I would rather it part of the primary resolution path, not a mere property of the resolution type.
18
19 Because its easier to say:
20
21 UNCONFIRMED -> CONFIRMED -> INPROGRESS -> INVCS -> STABLE
22
23 Than
24
25 UNCONFIRMED -> CONFIRMED -> INPROGRESS -> (RESOLVED/TESTREQ) -> (RESOLVED/FIXED)