From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:09:55
1 On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 21:21 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On 3/9/08, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 19:48 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > What exact time constraints and responsibilities are people afraid of?
7 > > > Are those concerns real or just myths?
10 > > As someone who just sent in the quiz, yes its real concerns. What scared
11 > > me off mostly is the gentoo politics. The entire process to become a
12 > > "gentoo developer" is a scare off. Took me weeks to complete the quiz. I
13 > > want to help, yes, but I do have a life.
14 >
15 > If you have other methods to avoid contributors who suck; I'd like to hear them.
16
17 I don't have any silver bullets, sorry.
18
19 > I can certainly invision cvs ACLs if people are worried about that
20 > sort of thing; but it doesn't mitigate the fact that maintainers need
21 > to know what they are doing.
22
23 ACL's... yuck... git might be an idea though. "signed-off-by", kernel
24 style. Don't have enough experience with gentoo managemet to know if git
25 fit's the management style. (probably not, since its not used already)
26
27 > Did freeBSD not care if you knew what you were doing? What happens if
28 > you totally screw up your package? What happens if you do something
29 > malicious?
30
31 I'm a "maintainer" not a "committer". I don't have commit access.
32
33 -nc
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list