From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Optional runtime dependencies via runtime-switchable USE flags
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:27:26
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:17:07 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 09/25/2012 05:10 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
8 > > On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:04:55 +0200 hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
9 > > wrote:
10 > >> Do we need an implementation beforehand? Afaik zac said that the
11 > >> implementation would not be very complicated, so why not vote on
12 > >> this now/soon?
13 > >
14 > > Well we can't really compare it to SDEPEND (which is implemented
15 > > in Paludis, for kdebuild-1 and exheres-0) without at least a
16 > > half-arsed implementation.
17 > >
18 > > Also, speaking as someone who *has* implemented this kind of thing,
19 > > I have extreme doubts as to the viability of the proposal. So I'd
20 > > be extremely wary of voting in favour of it until we've been able
21 > > to have a play with an implementation.
24 > sorry?
25 >
26 > I don't see an answers to any of my questions.
27
28 he wants an implementation beforehand :)