From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Developer Handbook - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:09:07
1 [ resend to list. ARGH! ]
2
3 On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:44:37 +0100 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
4 wrote:
5 | devrel don't have the easiest job in the world, and I'm sure those of
6 | us who enjoy our freedom of speech don't make it any easier :) I
7 | think it'd be great to see them conduct their business a little less
8 | in the shadows though, so that they can maintain the goodwill of the
9 | developer community at large.
10
11 Precisely. If devrel explained exactly why a certain recruit was stolen
12 from me, I probably wouldn't mind -- I'm pretty sure they have a good
13 reason for doing so. However, I was told *absolutely nothing* by devrel
14 about this.
15
16 (For those of you who don't get the Latin in the subject, it means "who
17 will watch the watchers?". Juvenal, "Satires" if you want to look it
18 up...)
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm