From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-4.4 - call for testers
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 05:38:17
1 I examined both RC versions of bash and readline, and it turns out
2 that the KEYWORDS are disabled in those. If that is -always- the
3 case, we could just have IUSE='+system-readline' in any version
4 regardless if it's a release or not, since users would not be able to
5 install it anyway, unless they apply 'app-shells/bash **' to
6 /etc/portage/package.keywords. If they do, then that means they're
7 prepared for the risk, and should know when to use the use flag.
8
9 I created another example for this. This time, the feature can still
10 be disabled, but only if there is no counter-package of readline for
11 the targetted version of bash, which may happen in alpha or beta
12 versions; not to mention 9999 (and 99999), which I believe should be
13 easy to implement now after this.
16 konsolebox

bash-4.4-r1.ebuild application/octet-stream