From: Chris Houser <chouser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout ebuild
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:02:12
1 Aaron D. Brooks wrote: [Tue Nov 6 2001, 11:02:22PM EST]
2 > I would suggest that this be added to the /etc/hosts in the rc-scripts
3 > archive:
4 >
5 > 127.0.0.1 localhost.localnet localhost
6
7 I think you want to swap those last two -- make 'localhost' the
8 canonical name, not 'localhost.localnet'.
9
10 > and that the /etc/networks in rc-scripts be changed from:
11 >
12 > loopback 127.0.0.0
13 >
14 > to:
15 >
16 > localnet 172.0.0.0
17
18 Looks good. I can make those changes to rc-scripts and whack the other
19 attempts to add localhost to /etc/hosts, unless someone objects.
20
21 How do I upload the new rc-scripts tarball to ibiblio? Any tricks?
22
23 --Chouser