From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:39:04
1 On Sunday 11 July 2004 5:38 pm, Joseph Booker wrote:
2 > Gnome has advantages over KDE and visa versa, neither is really perfect
3 > in any sense (don't get me started on it, I can argue against all and
4 > any WM, 'cept for the gettys :P )
5 >
6 > and theres no need to make a long email in response to someone's
7 > sarcasim
10 Sure. I like Gnome, I just don't like it well enough that it would
11 displace anything I'm doing with KDE. Even if I went back to Fluxbox, I
12 would still be using mostly KDE applications. That's not a comment on
13 the quality of Gnome applications, it's just what works better for me.
14
15 I like how Mono and Gnome are coupled; that's a significant technical
16 feature of Gnome presently. Although there is some Qt-C# bindings work
17 happening on KDE now, it's just not supported yet like it is on Gnome.
18
19 All software is imperfect. Life is imperfect. That's kind of a zen thing.
20
21 > All that being said, I hope you try to keep a more open mind, both in
22 > this mailing list and anywhere else, and try not to hate things it only
23 > shows your ignournce.
24
25 I think, perhaps, you're assuming a bit too much here. I never said or
26 implied hate for anything.
27
28 By the way, if you're going to accuse someone of ignorance you might want
29 to spell the word correctly. But since I have an open mind, I'll accept
30 the possibility you might have mis-typed it. :-)
31
32 Cheers,
33 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
34 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F