From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:38:59
1 On Sun, July 11, 2004 1:16 pm, Dylan Carlson said:
2 > On Saturday 10 July 2004 2:18 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> Besides... why in the world would you want to use KDE anyway? Gnome is
4 >> *way* better...
5
6 agreed on the second part :P
7 disagreed on the first though
10 > Wow, your desktop environment just got SERVED.
11 >
12 > Let the flamewar begin! (not really, but I'd just like to weigh in on
13 > why
14 > I use KDE...)
15 <snip>
16
17 Gnome has advantages over KDE and visa versa, neither is really perfect in
18 any sense (don't get me started on it, I can argue against all and any WM,
19 'cept for the gettys :P )
20
21 and theres no need to make a long email in response to someone's sarcasim
22
23 I will say quite seriously for Jeff that to hate gnome because redhat
24 endorses it is both immature and goes against your previous statment *that
25 same email* over regretting things - making personal attacks on RedHat and
26 the Gnome project, when there maybe be members or customiser on this list
27 of them.
28
29 I hope by your reasoning that you are not using Novell products, as Novell
30 uses RedHat's rpm system for Suse, nor Mandrake, Yellow Dog, or any of the
31 other RedHat-derivied distros, nor are you using Mozilla, Firefox,
32 Thunderbird, or Netscape, as they are affilated with Gnome. I also hope by
33 that reasoning that you are not using the 'alien' package on your Gentoo
34 system, which depends on rpm. Furthermore, if you have had 'java' in your
35 USE flag while compiling gcc, guess what, you can take out all your hatred
36 against RedHat-affilated things on that.
37
38 All that being said, I hope you try to keep a more open mind, both in this
39 mailing list and anywhere else, and try not to hate things it only shows
40 your ignournce.
43 Joseph Booker
44 joe @ irc.neoturbine.net
45 jj110888 @ irc.freenode.net