From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:19:35
1 On 2017-07-12 00:26, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2
3 >> Question is what's more a problem: Having an outdated stable
4 >> package because nobody cared about stabilizing a new version (in
5 >> most cases this will end with a rushed stabilization once a
6 >> security bug was fixed in the package) or move a package in time
7 >> from ~ARCH to ARCH and deal with the fallout sometimes.
8 > Easy, keep the working package any time
9 Seconded.
10
11 That said, let me repeat something I mentioned during the last
12 discussion about stabilisation procedures: for me at least the problem
13 with stabilisation has never really been with version upgrades, it's
14 with packages which do not even have a single stable version. For
15 reference, as of right now my "version bump" keyword file lists 8 atoms
16 (half of them referring to GIMP-2.9, which should not be stabilised
17 anyway) - whereas my "not in stable" file lists 61.
20 MS