From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ban package.provided in next EAPI?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 05:40:50
1 >>>>> On Mon, 30 Nov 2015, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 >> (This is _not_ about package.provided in /etc/portage which is
5 >> Portage only and unspecified by PMS.)
6
7 > I believe that Portage does not support package.provided in
8 > /etc/portage. It does support it in /etc/portage/profile, which
9 > overrides profile stuff from /etc/portage/make.profile.
10
11 Right. I should have been more precise there.
12
13 > I would like to see portage support package.provided independent of
14 > profiles if that's going to get banned in some future EAPI.
15
16 Ulrich