From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:05:17
1 On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 20:00 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've created a new project, called Gentoo Seeds [1]. The aim of the project
5 > is to create stage4 tarballs which can be used to 'seed' new boxes with
6 > ready-built Gentoo solutions.
7
8 Uhh... "seeds"?
9
10 > Until we've gone through a few iterations and worked out the best way to
11 > create seeds, we're working in an overlay [2]. We certainly hope to bring
12 > the work into the main tree once things have settled down.
13
14 "bring the work to the main tree"?
15
16 As in... duplicate functionality already provided by catalyst for quite
17 some time?
18
19 Why hasn't anybody even *tried* to contact Release Engineering on
20 something like this, considering we already have all of the tools
21 necessary to complete this, as well as the expertise?
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
27 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
28 Gentoo Foundation