From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:14:04
1 On 9/20/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Uhh... "seeds"?
3
4 Yes, seeds. Seems to describe what we're working towards as well as
5 any other name.
6
7 > "bring the work to the main tree"?
8 >
9 > As in... duplicate functionality already provided by catalyst for quite
10 > some time?
11
12 No. As in, bring the packages and profiles from the overlay into the
13 main tree, once we're happy with them.
14
15 > Why hasn't anybody even *tried* to contact Release Engineering on
16 > something like this, considering we already have all of the tools
17 > necessary to complete this, as well as the expertise?
18
19 We have, and folks there have been very helpful.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu
23 --