From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat-1.8.2 anomalies
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:47:22
1 Hi!
2
3 > What do you mean by "update the Author line". I agree that we should
4 > append our names to the author line, like so #Author: Daniel Robbins
5 > <drobbins@g.o> # Chad Huneycutt <chadh@g.o>
6
7 I mean what it sounds like. That if I take a version of a script and
8 bumps it to a new version and perhaps changing stuff in it change the
9 Author-line to my name instead of whatever stood that in the
10 beginning. Perhaps this is not needed but since people seem to look at
11 Author instead of last commit about who has made the changed I think
12 it's better to change Author.
13
14 > or if we don't care about keeping a record of everyone who has worked
15 > on an ebuild, then how about "Maintainer:"?
16
17 This is also an idea. But when should this be changed?
18
19 As it is now people change the files that they don't "maintain" which
20 breaks all sort of maintainership of an ebuild.
21
22 Regards,
23 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
27 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
28 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918