From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat-1.8.2 anomalies
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:48:19
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:30:20AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4 >
5 >>Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no> writes:
6 >>
7 >>>Achim's xchat-1.8.2 ebuild already patches the Makefiles (I didn't
8 >>>notice this until after I sent the mail) to use the library-list
9 >>>python-config tells it to do, it's just that python-config doesn't
10 >>>include -lm in this list.
11 >>>
12 >>A little policy question here since I upgraded to 1.8.2, not
13 >>Achim. Should the Author be left there? I think it's better to look at
14 >>the last commiter then on the AUTHOR since everyone commits to every
15 >>packages.
18 >I agree. When we make a new version of an ebuild, we should update the
19 >Author line. Also, I think I'm going to start writing it as "Author:"
20 >rather than "Author". Exciting!
21 >
22 >:)
23 >
24 What do you mean by "update the Author line". I agree that we should
25 append our names to the author line, like so
26 #Author: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
27 # Chad Huneycutt <chadh@g.o>
28
29 or if we don't care about keeping a record of everyone who has worked on
30 an ebuild, then how about "Maintainer:"?
31
32 Chad