From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: lafou@×××××××.fr
Cc: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>, Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New feature proposition (make.conf)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:35:52
1 On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 07:59, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
2 > > My thought is rather than remove the distfiles for the version you are
3 > > building, remove the distfiles for versions that have just been
4 > > uninstalled by clean or update (granted they aren't being used by the new
5 > > version as well). This way you only have the distfiles for what's
6 > > currently on your system.
7 >
8 > I agree. I have a lot of files that should go to Trash in my distfiles.
9 > I have to remove them by hand. why keep
10 >
11 > package_v1.0.tbz2
12 > package_v1.1.tbz2
13 > package_v1.2.tbz2
14 > package_v1.3.tbz2
15 >
16 > where package_v1.3.tbz2 will only be used (not for packages with
17 > patches).
18
19 I don't remember where I got this, so I cannot give credit to the
20 person, but I find this is a great tool for removing distfiles for
21 packages you no longer have installed.
22
23 It is also in python, so portage integration could be a possibility.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Developer, Gentoo Linux

distclean.py text/x-python