From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Optimizations
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:19:45
1 On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 04:12:17AM +0000, Rayiner Hashem wrote:
2 > First off, great distro. It needs more documentation, and some of the
3 > builds don't work, but overall, it is *very* cool.
4 >
5 > I just have a couple of questions. First, what optimizations are used
6 > in compiling the latest (RC4_pre2 I think) distribution? I read the
7 > article about the development of Gentoo and at the end you said that
8 > you would use -mpentium -O2 optimizations. However, the make.defaults
9 > uses the -m486 optimizations. I would just like some clarification on
10 > which one was used to build the distro. Also, I was wondering if one
11 > could automatically recompile the distro using -mpentiumpro
12 > optimizations, something along the lines of BSD's make World. Thanks
13 > for your time,
14 > Rayiner Hashem.
17 > gentoo-dev mailing list
18 > gentoo-dev@g.o