From: Jeff Horelick <jdhore@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-kernel] Proper distribution integration of kernel *-sources, patches and configuration.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:20:20
1 On 1 July 2013 10:41, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello
5 > Please reply to gentoo-dev in case ML daemon changes Reply-To.
8 > ### TL; DR ###
9 >
10 > By introducing feature patches which menu options are disabled by
11 > default to genpatches, we can deduplicate *-sources maintainers as well
12 > as large groups of users work. By introducing a distribution section
13 > in the menuconfig, we can provide options that enable minimal Gentoo
14 > requirements by default (DEVTMPFS, making Gentoo systems bootable since
15 > an udev release a long time ago) and other distribution stuff.
18 I really like this idea. geek-sources has appealed to me massively the
19 past few months, but i didn't want to risk stability and go with a
20 kernel from a unofficial overlay. I can not wait to see this in
21 gentoo-sources and I fully support this idea.