From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A better FTP client with Gentoo enhancements
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:44:57
1 On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:23:14AM -0600, Bryce Porter wrote:
2 > Ouch... Wget is very lightweight and does an excellent job of what it is
3 > used for. It is small and simple, and easy to understand. Why fix what
4 > isn't broken, anyway?
5
6 I think it would be a good idea to use the same ftp program as FreeBSD,
7 because their ftp program is great, and it will be another nice thing for
8 FreeBSD users who need to use Linux. It'll make them feel at home. Also,
9 the wget output *is* quite ugly.
10
11 If the new ftp program works well (haven't tested it yet), I'm willing to
12 make it the default download app for the above-stated reasons.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org