From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: qa last rites -- long list
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 14:16:57
1 El vie, 09-01-2015 a las 23:31 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
2 [...]
3 > > If I don't misremember Council allowed finally people to not be mandated
4 > > by that "games team" policies and, then, I guess that could finally
5 > > allow to drop that security issue no? :/
6 >
7 > If it were that simple... but we need to clean up that long-outstanding
8 > mess. And we have no guarantees someone won't bring it back to us since
9 > the eclasses are still allowed to be used.
12 I agree with you, I was focusing on that concrete issue as that bug is
13 around for years, but I neither understand why games.eclass is not
14 deprecated completely as current situation will only spread the problem
15 of some games being handled following a different policy than others,
16 and leading to inconsistencies :(
17
18 But I must admit I lost the track of this issue some time ago and I
19 don't remember why the eclass is still allowed and then both policies
20 are being used in parallel depending on the maintainer, that is the
21 reason I haven't suggested the Council to deprecate games.eclass
22 finally :/