From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage: missing pieces
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 03:32:58
1 On 7/6/06, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Evolution depends on Mozilla and Mono depends on SeaMonkey.
3
4 I don't think this is right, at least not for what is currently in
5 portage. When I do a
6
7 USE="mono" emerge -Devp evolution
8
9 No mozilla comes in. So evolution does not depend on mozilla, at
10 least not directly.
11
12 In fact, in the current portage tree, mozilla is going away, and being
13 replaced by seamonkey. Very few (and hard masked) packages like
14 gecko-sdk still depend on mozilla. So what you should eventually end
15 up with is no mozilla but seamonkey.
16
17 > So I'm stuck here.
18 > Is it impossible to have Mono and Evolution installed at the same time?
19
20 No, it is certainly possible, as I have both on my system.
21
22 Are you using an portage overlay? If so, what is in it?
23
24 When was the last time you did an emerge --sync?
25
26 Also, the full output of "emerge -Duvpt world" would still be useful
27 for us to see.
28
29 -Richard
30 --