From: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage: missing pieces
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:38:51
1 > Dont "snip". The relevant part comes *after* the "blocks" lines.
2
3 Aah. I get it. Thanks.
4 Sorry for the noise.
5
6 > > www-client/seamonkey (is blocking www-client/mozilla-1.7.13)
7 >
8 > Also, you are mis-interpreting the "blocks" lines. The correct
9 > reading of "X (is blocking Y)" is that you have (or should have)
10 > X installed, and now portage wants to install Y instead.
11 > Usually this is because Y supercedes the functionality that used
12 > to be provided by X, and in almost all cases, the right thing
13 > to do is to unmerge X and merge Y.
14
15 Evolution depends on Mozilla and Mono depends on SeaMonkey. Mono is
16 the "newer" (actively developed... sort of) component, also, from what
17 I've heard, SeaMonkey is based on a vastly newer version of Gecko. So
18 I'm not sure how that fits with the above.
19
20 Anyway, I tried unmerging SeaMonkey and merging Mozilla, which went fine.
21 Doesn't help any with the blocker status, though.
22
23 So I'm stuck here.
24 Is it impossible to have Mono and Evolution installed at the same time?
25
26 (Same story with OpenSSH and pam-login. OpenSSH wants shadow, and
27 pam-login refuses to merge alongside shadow. I want both pam-login
28 and OpenSSH, but seems like I'll have to choose, right?)
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list