From: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage: missing pieces
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:49:08
1 Pierre Guinoiseau writes:
2 > pam-login is now included in shadow, you no longer need to emerge it.
3
4 Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
5 I had done an emerge -D world, and suddenly I couldn't "turn on the
6 PC". I later found out that /sbin/login had been removed.
7
8 Richard Fish writes:
9 > USE="mono" emerge -Devp evolution
10 >
11 > No mozilla comes in.
12 > So evolution does not depend on mozilla, at least not directly.
13
14 Ok. Same picture here. (Above command pulls in 402 other packages
15 though... caramba)
16
17 > In fact, in the current portage tree, mozilla is going away, and
18 > being replaced by seamonkey. Very few (and hard masked) packages
19 > like gecko-sdk still depend on mozilla. So what you should
20 > eventually end up with is no mozilla but seamonkey.
21
22 Thanks for the info!
23
24 > Are you using an portage overlay? If so, what is in it?
25
26 No. No idea what that is. Sounds interesting, though.
27
28 > When was the last time you did an emerge --sync?
29
30 Yesterday. It changed things a bit since last time (month ago?), but
31 it still wants to merge mozilla. Only now it's mono-tools (or rather
32 gecko-sharp) that wants it, Evolution is out of the picture:
33
34 [nomerge ] dev-util/mono-tools-1.1.11
35 [ebuild N ] dev-dotnet/gecko-sharp-0.6
36 [nomerge ] www-client/mozilla-1.7.13
37
38 > Also, the full output of "emerge -Duvpt world"
39
40 Attached.
41
42 Note that I got rid of the Xorg-6.9 blockers by merging virtual/xft-7.0.
43 Doesn't make any sense to me at all, explanations sought for :-).

Duvpt.txt text/plain