From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can we get PIE on all SUID binaries by default, por favor?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:12:34
1 On Friday 27 January 2012 16:05:13 Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 21:13, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 > > Again - only if we don't get a consensus here.
4 >
5 > Wait... Is anybody here *actually opposed* to not enabling PIE on *SUID
6 > binaries*?
7
8 he was talking system wide
9
10 considering the number set*id binaries in the tree, and their requirements
11 (they tend to not be performance sensitive in the slightest), i don't have a
12 problem with steering them in the PIE direction.
13
14 ignoring /usr/bin/Xorg here of course, but that has a lot more problems that i
15 doubt PIE will make much of a difference.
16 -mike