From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: how to contribute to use/slot deps: was Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:24:00
1 On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 05:33:06PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:56:37 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | It's really pretty simple- get off your butt and chip in if you want
5 > | it, else you're on _our_ timeline (eg, we implement it when we deem
6 > | it sane/ready to go).
7 >
8 > Is Portage development done to support the needs of those of us who
9 > provide the tree, or is the tree expected to be restricted to whatever
10 > Portage developers feel like implementing?
11
12 Personally, I'd state anyone who thinks we're implementing only what
13 we find fun to do is trolling something fierce, but I'm also a portage
14 dev thus my views are a bit different.
15
16 Regardless, ciaran's own statement via irc "that the portage devs are
17 hurting gentoo by ignoring certain requests" still harkens right back
18 to my point- if you believe it to be the case, nagging/bitching ain't
19 going to improve it in anyway.
20
21 People, you've got the source.
22
23 You want it and think we're moving to slow/being tools/incompetent
24 jackasses, whatever the belief, _you_ can do something about it that
25 results in actual progress- I already stated the ways to help in my
26 last email.
27
28 So... again, you want it, help, or kindly sit back and wait for it to
29 be implemented on our timeline.
30 ~harring