From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'pax_kernel' USE flag
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 23:32:08
1 On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 11:43 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:19 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
4 > > The PaX community in Gentoo is still big and active.
5 > >
6 > > Many Gentoo users received free access to upstream sources or became
7 > > paying customers.
8 > >
9 > > It's just not available for everyone for free/without registration
10 > > anymore. But it is still a thing in Gentoo.
11 >
12 > Can you substantiate that claim?
13 >
14 > There was a pax-kernel USE flag on Mesa and I don't recall anyone
15 > saying a word when I removed it.
16 >
17 > If there are paying customers that have PaX kernels, perhaps they'd be
18 > interested in providing some support for Gentoo if we're being asked
19 > to retain support for something we cannot test.
20
21 I'd still like an answer to any of this.