From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'pax_kernel' USE flag
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 06:43:35
1 On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:19 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2 > The PaX community in Gentoo is still big and active.
3 >
4 > Many Gentoo users received free access to upstream sources or became
5 > paying customers.
6 >
7 > It's just not available for everyone for free/without registration
8 > anymore. But it is still a thing in Gentoo.
9
10 Can you substantiate that claim?
11
12 There was a pax-kernel USE flag on Mesa and I don't recall anyone
13 saying a word when I removed it.
14
15 If there are paying customers that have PaX kernels, perhaps they'd be
16 interested in providing some support for Gentoo if we're being asked
17 to retain support for something we cannot test.