From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:16:38
1 On Sunday 24 August 2003 18:44, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:32:22 -0500
4
5 > > lpr
6 >
7 > But, Am I the only one who sees an advantage in moving the default
8 > profiles to LSB compliance, and providing an alternated "light" one for
9 > the cases that want them? (heck, if you dislike dhcpcd I'm pretty sure
10 > you don't want the bloat of glibc either, go for uclibc. ;) but sarcasm
11 > aside, the suggestion is serious.
12
13 Well, I can see the advantage of mimmicing the LSB, but for example lpr does
14 not make sense without a printer, and setting up a printer takes configuring
15 anyway so I don't feel it should be part of system
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer