From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: manual steps required to transition from eselect-opencl to direct icd-loader use
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 19:28:38
1 >>>>> On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, Marek Szuba wrote:
2
3 > I have tried doing this in pkg_preinst but alas, I have found out
4 > collision checks are performed before that function is invoked. I have
5 > also tried setting COLLISION_IGNORE in the replacing package but it
6 > seems that variable only works in make.conf and make.defaults - in which
7 > case it's simpler to simply tell the users to delete those symlinks.
8
9 A possible (but somewhat hackish) approach would be to move the files to
10 a different name in src_install, and move them back to their original
11 name in pkg_preinst.
12
13 Ulrich