From: brett holcomb <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-ng question
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 06:45:06
1 Well, when you do get around to it please add this to the
2 wish list <G>.
3
4 On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:05:27 -0500
5 Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o> wrote:
6 >On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 22:03, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
7 >> As part of the upgrade to portage will there be tools
8 >>that let us work with
9 >> UNinstalled packages? There are tools now like qpk,
10 >>epm, etc. but they have
11 >> to have the package installed before you can get useful
12 >>information and many
13 >> times we don't want to install a package which might
14 >>have oodles of
15 >> dependencies installed with it.
16 >
17 >Its probably a bit too early to discuss this sort of
18 >functionality.
19 >
20 >--
21 >Regards,
22 >-Lisa
23 ><Vix ulla tam iniqua pax, quin bello vel aequissimo sit
24 >potior>
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list