From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 2006.1
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:59:13
1 On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 10:36 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 > > On 9/3/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 > >> And no one has implemented any kind of solution.
5 > >
6 > > You need someone to implement a solution? Surely what we need is for
7 > > folks to actually make an announcement in the first place?
8 > >
9 > > I asked for what has become GLEP 42 because we do have a problem
10 > > reaching folks with announcements. But you know what? GLEP 42
11 > > wouldn't help in cases like this, where there's either no announcement
12 > > at all, or the announcement comes at the last minute.
13 > >
14 > > Technology is just a tool. A technical solution needs something fed
15 > > into it.
16 >
17 > I never specified that the solution had to be technical in nature ;)
18 >
19 > We have the Gentoo Status project, but it's been rather dead lately. We
20 > have PR, but they are more concerned with the release; in the end
21 > GCC-4.1 going stable is up to releng and arch teams (heck it doesn't
22 > technically have to go stable on all arches). So who "screwed up" in
23 > this case?
24
25 Actually, we spent a fair amount of time talking about Gentoo Status in
26 yesterdays meeting and how to move forwards with that. As for PR, after
27 the Userrel + PR merge we have more manpower, and we're not concerned
28 with just the release. Hell, as far as the release goes, PR for that is
29 done by the Releng team and their PR coordinator. Don't assume that PR
30 isn't interested, but we can't read minds and if people don't keep us in
31 the loop then chances are we miss stuff that could be news worthy.
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list