From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Hangouts
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:24:20
1 On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 >
4 > On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM, Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I do not see the benefit either, it seems like that kind of thing the PR
7 >> department would come up with, which noone does actually like doing and
8 >> everyone is glad when it's over and can go back to work.
11 > I honestly wonder if Pavlos ever tried having regular meetings over VC.
12 >
13 > I've worked on a VC system most of last year and I now go through regular
14 > conferences... it's barely okay from a work point of view, it takes lots of
15 > time to organize so you don't want to do that every single day for sure.
16 >
17 > And unlike IRC meetings, you can cannot multitask, say making your dinner
18 > while discussing this or that feature.
19 >
20 > A VC is a full commitment, and its attractiveness is often much higher
21 > _before_ you use it..
24 > Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
25 > flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
26
27 Maybe you misunderstood my proposal, I totally agree with you about
28 IRC meetings. I didn't propose video calls as a full replacement for
29 IRC meetings. Also, I've never said to use video calls every single
30 day.
31 These team video calls would be good to exist for different reasons.
32 These video calls are going to promote Gentoo, our team efforts and
33 could be useful to our users and those who want to contribute. As I
34 said before, it is optional, a team maybe choose not to do any video
35 call, a team could do *only one* video call and stop or a team could
36 do frequent video calls. It's up to the team to decide.