From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild creation assistance...
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 07:06:01
1 At Sat, 2004-05-08T21:23:53-0500, John David Ratliff <jdratlif@×××××××.edu> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > Another question. What is wrong with this name for an ebuild
4 >
5 > tigcc-0.95_beta8r1.ebuild
6 >
7 > The version is 0.95 beta 8r1 (This is what they call it).
8 >
9 > Remove the r1, and there are no problems. Should I just change it to
10 > maybe tigcc-0.95_beta8.ebuild
11
12 Portage supports trailing letters on the version numbers. Perhaps you
13 could translate "r1"="a", "r2"="b", etc.
16 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
17 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
18 --Ghost in the Shell