From: John David Ratliff <jdratlif@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild creation assistance...
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 02:24:14
1 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2
3 >To just create an ebuild you don't need to check out the portage tree.
4 >Use an existing one as a sample - there is a skel.ebuild to use as a
5 >model. Once the ebuild works submit it on bugzilla. However, first check
6 >bugzilla to make sure there isn't already one there for the app.
7 >
8 >I would recommend setting the PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf. Mine is
9 >/usr/local/portage. Create the directory structure needed
10 >(category/package) in PORTDIR_OVERLAY and do your work there. I copy an
11 >existing ebuild that is close to what I want and modify it.
15 Thanks. This is mostly what I have done.
16
17 Another question. What is wrong with this name for an ebuild
18
19 tigcc-0.95_beta8r1.ebuild
20
21 The version is 0.95 beta 8r1 (This is what they call it).
22
23 Remove the r1, and there are no problems. Should I just change it to
24 maybe tigcc-0.95_beta8.ebuild
25
26 Thanks...