From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a new mentor...
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 19:08:26
1 Alex,
2
3 On 07/21/16 09:09, alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us wrote:
4 > On 2016-07-20 21:55, Brian Dolbec wrote:
5 >> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:13:56 -0400
6 >> alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> I've been working towards becomming a gentoo developer for while now
9 >>> in order to bring the sparc port up to speed with the rest of the
10 >>> gentoo project. In short there appear to be no active gentoo
11 >>> developers working on sparc.
12 >>>
13 >>> I had a mentor earlier this year, but i can no longer get in touch
14 >>> with him.
15 >>>
16 >>> I have both quizzes nearly complete, i just need someone to look over
17 >>> them and answer a question or two. Any help would be greatly
18 >>> appreciated.
19 >>>
20 >>
21 >> Alex, it would be helpful to list your timezone and normal availability
22 >> times. That will help potential mentors know if they match up
23 >> availability times.
24 >>
25 >> Aside from sparc related updates, is there any other areas of the ebuild
26 >> tree your more interested in like desktop environments, gnome, kde,
27 >> *box, networking, tools...
28 >
29 > My timezone is EDT, pretty much available 10AM to 2AM EDT
30 >
31 > Most of my interests will be related to server and / or networking type
32 > issues. I also have some interest in fixing up things like genkernel on
33 > other archs.
34
35 I can help with mentoring as a sparc developer. Please ping me off list
36 or in #gentoo-sparc (jmorgan).
39 Thanks,
40 --
41 Jack Morgan
42 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
43 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A