From: alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a new mentor...
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:24:48
1 On 2016-07-20 21:55, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:13:56 -0400
3 > alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us wrote:
4 >
5 >> I've been working towards becomming a gentoo developer for while now
6 >> in order to bring the sparc port up to speed with the rest of the
7 >> gentoo project. In short there appear to be no active gentoo
8 >> developers working on sparc.
9 >>
10 >> I had a mentor earlier this year, but i can no longer get in touch
11 >> with him.
12 >>
13 >> I have both quizzes nearly complete, i just need someone to look over
14 >> them and answer a question or two. Any help would be greatly
15 >> appreciated.
18 > Alex, it would be helpful to list your timezone and normal availability
19 > times. That will help potential mentors know if they match up
20 > availability times.
21 >
22 > Aside from sparc related updates, is there any other areas of the
23 > ebuild
24 > tree your more interested in like desktop environments, gnome, kde,
25 > *box, networking, tools...
26
27 My timezone is EDT, pretty much available 10AM to 2AM EDT
28
29 Most of my interests will be related to server and / or networking type
30 issues. I also have some interest in fixing up things like genkernel on
31 other archs.