From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/run or /run for init scripts?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:03:28
1 On 06/02/2013 14:58, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Thanks. Would it made sense to symlink /var/run -> /run so we don't
3 > end up with stable entries in /var/run directory? Some of my init
4 > scripts appear to reported as "crashed" whereas the process is running
5 > just fine. I suspect this is because a stale entry is in /var/run
6 > directory (or /run I am not sure)
7
8 I would say that we should have that symlink, and I told WilliamH so
9 before. I think he was going to ask Mike (vapier) about adding the
10 symlink to baselayout itself, so that it doesn't get reaped away.
11
12 I agree that the symlink should stay there for compatibility at least,
13 which should also answer Ian's question.
16 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
17 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/