From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/run or /run for init scripts?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:58:30
1 On 6 February 2013 13:55, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > On 06/02/2013 14:52, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 >> I see a lot of inconsistencies in the init scripts. Some of them are
4 >> using /var/run, others use /run. I just checked my box, and there is
5 >> no /var/run although some init scripts are trying to use it. Which one
6 >> is the correct one and why do we have both? The following guide only
7 >> mentions /var/run
8 >
9 > We should be migrating to /run at this point.
10 >
11 > http://goo.gl/hrWcN
12 >
13 > --
14 > Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
15 > flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
18 Thanks. Would it made sense to symlink /var/run -> /run so we don't
19 end up with stable entries in /var/run directory? Some of my init
20 scripts appear to reported as "crashed" whereas the process is running
21 just fine. I suspect this is because a stale entry is in /var/run
22 directory (or /run I am not sure)
25 Regards,
26 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
27 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang