From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:28:07
1 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> posted
2 20080614090426.17d3c327@×××××××××××××××××.ca, excerpted below, on Sat, 14
3 Jun 2008 09:04:26 -0600:
4
5 >> > Having a method that
6 >> > lets the user choose that the PM should check the scm tree and update
7 >> > the package if there's a new revision would be even better.
8 >>
9 >> I think that can be easily done if there's an easy way to pull the
10 >> installed revision and currently available. The last discussions about
11 >> that stalled without reaching agreement.
12 >
13 > I could have sworn subversion.eclass already did this but now I can't
14 > find the code. I might have seen it in an overlay or on the forums.
15
16 Isn't it subversion itself that does this, based on local and remote
17 repository revision numbers?
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list